the top 10 tips to help
Enjoy Your Wedding Day
As a professional wedding photographer, I am often asked about the best tips for couples to enjoy their wedding day. Drawing from my experience as both a wedding photographer and a bride myself, I would like to share some valuable insights with you. Here are some tips to ensure that your wedding day is memorable and stress-free:
- Start with a hearty breakfast. On your big day, you may be too busy to eat later on, so it's crucial to fuel up with a good meal in the morning. You wouldn't want to feel faint or dizzy during the ceremony, so be sure to eat something that will keep you going.
- Allow ample time to get ready. Getting ready on your wedding day can take longer than expected, especially if you have a big bridal/grooms party. It's better to start early and be prepared rather than rush at the last minute. Don't underestimate how long hair and makeup will take.
- Create a morning playlist. Music can set the tone for the day and help you relax. Compile a fun playlist for you and your bridal party to get into the right mindset. You can find plenty of pre-made playlists on platforms like YouTube and Spotify if you don't have the time to create your own.
- Take your time walking down the aisle.Your wedding day will pass by quickly, so savour every moment, especially walking down the aisle. It's a special moment that you'll want to remember forever. Take in the sight of your partner waiting for you, your guests, and all your loved ones who have gathered to celebrate your special day.
- Embrace the unexpected.There's always a chance that something might go wrong, but don't let that spoil your day. Focus on the fact that you're marrying the love of your life and that's all that matters. If you've hired a wedding planner, they will take care of any issues that arise. If you're planning everything yourself, don't put too much pressure on yourself for everything to be perfect.
- Communicate clearly about speeches. Make sure to communicate with the people giving speeches at your wedding and provide them with clear guidelines. This will ensure that their speeches are appropriate, and you won't have to worry about feeling anxious or uncomfortable.
- Bring comfortable shoes for the reception. Wearing high heels can be exhausting, so pack a pair of comfortable flats or sneakers for the reception. You'll feel much better and be able to dance the night away!
- Put your phone away. Your wedding day is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and you don't want to be distracted by your phone. Leave it in your purse or give it to your maid of honour so that you can be fully present in the moment. You've hired a professional photographer, so you don't need to take photos. Plus, everyone you'd want to call or text will be there in person.
- Personalise your wedding day. Make your wedding day unique to you and your partner. Incorporate traditions that you both cherish, and eliminate the ones that don't resonate with you. The more authentic your wedding day is to your personalities, the more fun and enjoyable it will be.
- Spend time together. Your wedding day can be hectic, but try to make a conscious effort to spend as much time as possible together. Greet guests together and enjoy each other's company. This is your special day, and you'll want to remember it as a couple.
In conclusion, remember that your wedding day is about the celebration of love, commitment, and the start of a new journey together. It's easy to get caught up in the planning and details, but don't lose sight of what truly matters. Take deep breaths, savor each moment, and let the day unfold naturally. Trust in your preparations and the professionals you've hired to make everything go smoothly. Above all, stay present with your partner, friends, and family. After all, these are the memories that will last a lifetime. With a heart full of joy and a relaxed mindset, your day is guaranteed to be nothing short of spectacular. And remember, I'm here with you every step of the way, ready to capture these priceless moments, and always happy to lend a hand or a word of encouragement. Here's to a wedding day filled with love, laughter, and beautiful memories.
hi there, i'm leah
I hope you've found these tips for your wedding day useful. I've been fortunate enough to see dozens and dozens of weddings of all sizes and styles. The most important thing is to be true to you as a couple.
I always love to book a call to discuss your wedding plans and to see if I might be a good fit for you. I look forward to speaking with you soon!